FIP – Federation of Indian Photography
2018 FIP DISTINCTIONS – Call for application for FIP Distinctions
1) We invite FIP and FIP Corporate Club Members to apply for the AFIP, EFIP, EFIP GOLD, EFIP PLATINUM and MFIP Distinctions.
Our overseas members are entitled to apply for FIP Distinctions like AFIP/ EFIP with Fees of USD 100 and directly for EFIP GOLD and onwards, with Fees of USD 150 if already they have EFIAP/FPSA/ARPS.
2) Your application must reach the Secretary General of FIP within 30th JUNE 2018, ONLY through email : firstname.lastname@example.org.
3) AFIP/EFIP : Please make sure that you fulfill the criteria for AFIP ( 100 acceptances in FIP recognized Salons with 10 different works and out of 100 acceptances, at least 20 should be from FIP recognized National Salons) and EFIP ( 250 acceptances in FIP recognized Salons with 25 different works and out of 250 acceptances, at least 50 should be from FIP recognized National Salons). Candidates who already have ARPS, APSA or AFIAP can directly apply for EFIP.
Applicants for EFIP who have already done EFIAP, should have at least 20% acceptance from FIP approved National Salons and rest may be from International Salons approved by FIP & FIAP.
3A) For Overseas Applicants the criteria for AFIP & EFIP will be same, but there will be no requirement of acceptances from Indian National Salons. Acceptances from FIAP recognized salons only will be considered.
4) Please download the appropriate Dossier, Declaration for application from the DISTINCTION PAGE of FIP website.
5) You can submit images in any one of the 3 sections – (A) Pictorial Monochrome, (B) Pictorial Colour & (C) Nature. Photojournalism and Travel images are part of Pictorial.
6) Evidence in support of application should be 5 in number and can only be sent by digital file having pixel dimension of 2400 on the longer side at a resolution of 300 dpi and within 2MB. Image file should be in JPEG & RGB colour mode.
7) Name of File : FIP/Corporate membership number _ first letter of surname _ first letter of first name _ title of work . Example – LM692 _ S _ B _ LION ON HILLOCK. Please do not write your full name.
8) DO NOT SEND ANY CD OR HARD COPY.
Send (A) Excel form (Dossier) duly filled, (B) 5 Images, (C) Self colour photo, (D) Declaration , (E) Electronic signature (photo of your signature on white background) & (F) Photo of last Distinctions, both FIP & FIAP, ONLY through email stated above.
9) You can apply for EFIP after 1 calendar year of AFIP.
10) NEW INTRODUCTION :
A – EFIP GOLD – One can apply after one year of EFIP/FFIP. No new acceptances required. A portfolio of 10 new digital images with coherence and a statement of intent is required.
B – EFIP PLATINUM – One can apply after one year of FIP GOLD. A portfolio of 15 new digital images with coherence and a statement of intent is required.
Duly filled in Dossier, 10/15 images , Self colour photo, Declaration, Electronic signature (photo of your signature on white background) & Photo of last Distinctions, both FIP & FIAP, must reach the Hony Secretary General , Federation of Indian Photography, within 30th JUNE 2018, ONLY through email stated above. Sections, file size, resolution, colour mode of the images will be same as of AFIP/EFIP.
File Naming : FIP/Corporate membership number _ first letter of surname _ first letter of first name _ serial number. Example : LM692 _ S _ B _ 1, LM692 _ S _ B _10/15
11) MFIP – Can be applied for MFIP after 3 years of having FFIP/EFIP. Dossier can be downloaded from the site. Duly filled in Dossier, 20 images , Self colour photo, Declaration, Electronic signature (photo of your signature on white background) & Photo of last Distinctions, both FIP & FIAP, must reach the Hony Secretary General , Federation of Indian Photography, within 30th JUNE 2018, ONLY through email stated above.
Please note that the STATEMENT OF INTENT (within 150 words) – page C of the Dossier is MANDATORY. Sections, file size, resolution, colour mode of the images will be same as of AFIP/EFIP.
File Naming : FIP/Corporate membership number _ first letter of surname _ first letter of first name _ serial number. Example : LM692 _ S _ B _ 1, LM692 _ S _ B _20
Jury of 5 senior photographers will decide the outcome. Jury will be looking for excellent technical quality, subject handling and strong coherence in the portfolio. In case of failure, one can apply after ONE year with a handling fee of Rs.750/-. Failure of 2017 can only apply in 2019.
12) ESFIP – This distinction is available to individuals who have rendered distinguished service to FIP and not to any individual club. A brief note of contribution and proposed and seconded by two life members of FIP is required.
No fees and no handling charge.
13) ESFIPC – This is available to FIP Corporate clubs who have rendered distinguished services to FIP with uninterrupted membership for last 10 years. Proposed and seconded by two Corporate Clubs along with brief history and letter in support to be sent to Hony Secretary General. No fees and no handling charge.
14) FEES : For AFIP – Rs.3000/-, EFIP – Rs.4000/-, EFIP GOLD – Rs.6000/-, EFIP PLATINUM – Rs.6000/- and MFIP – Rs. 6000/- Bank Draft payable to Federation of Indian Photography at Kolkata or by a Multicity Cheque must reach Dr. Barun Kumar Sinha, Hony Secretary General, Federation of Indian Photography, , 9A Arya Kumar Road, Rajendra Nagar, Patna 800016, within 30th JUNE 2018.
Guidelines for applications for FIP Distinctions
1) Read the Rules and Criteria carefully.
2) Download the current Dossier / application form & Declaration form, available at FIP website. You can also download the FILLIED IN SPECIMEN Forms for your guidance.
3) Complete the form carefully. If in doubt, ask the Distinction In Charge or your senior friend who have done the distinction recently.
4) Do not change the Form in any manner.
5)Acceptance list of the WORKS must be in ALPHABETICAL ORDER and without any line gap in between two works, so as to maintain the serial number.
PLEASE NOTE : (A) Having AFIP is mandatory for applying AFIAP, ( B) Having EFIP/FFIP is mandatory for applying EFIAP.
APPLICATIONS RECEIVED AFTER 30TH JUNE 2018 WILL BE CANCELLED AUTOMATICALLY.
PLEASE DO NOT SEND ANY CD OR ANY HARD COPY OR ATTACH ANYTHING WHICH IS NOT ASKED FOR, AS THIS MAY LEAD TO REJECTION OF YOUR APPLICATION.